Teignbridge Local Plan Review (Part 3) 2020-2040: Renewable Energy, Gypsy and Traveller and Small Residential Site Options
Ten week public consultation from 15 November 2021 to 24 January 2022
Teignbridge District Council would like to invite you to comment on the Draft Local Plan (Part 3) 2020-2040 and its supporting documents. It follows on from the Draft Local Plan (Part 2), published last June which included site options for residential, employment and education development.
The Part 3 Local Plan Review document sets out further optionsfor where different types of development could be located. The information included within the plan shows all of the development options that are available for public comment, including: potential sites for wind turbines, a potential gypsy and traveller site and potential small residential site options.
We have prepared three documents that we are seeking your views on. These are available to view online at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview.
· Draft Local Plan (Part 3) 2020-2040: Renewable Energy, Gypsy and Traveller and Small Residential Site Options
· Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal Stage B ReportThis set of reports consider the effects of the plan on the environment, people and economy, and considers reasonable alternatives.
- Draft Habitats Regulations Assessment - Initial Site Options Screening ReportThis is an assessment of site options carried out in order to assess the potential for likely significant effects on a European Wildlife Site or European Offshore Marine Site.
Comments can be made on any or all of the documents listed above using the following methods:
· Online survey at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview
· In writing by post to Local Plan Review, Spatial Planning and Delivery, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX
The consultation runs for ten weeks from 12noon Monday 15 November 2021 until 12noon on Monday 24 January 2022.
There are additional technical reports which provide further background evidence of the work carried out to produce the third part of the plan but where comments are not being sought. These include:
Low Carbon Report
The study identifies how and where low carbon development could feature in the district under the updated Local Plan. Through this research Exeter University has identified areas where natural sources of energy exist and where solar or wind renewable energy could be generated. The areas identified in the report take account of “constraints”, or sensitivities, such as avoiding grade 1 agricultural land, avoiding impacts on air traffic, woodland, avoiding internationally and nationally designated wildlife areas, and minimum distances from sensitive receptors such as houses, roads, railways and heritage assets.
Need to Know Guide
As the Draft Local Plan (Part 3) is quite long and complex, we have produced a short ‘Need to Know’ Guide,which summarises all the information about the Plan in a straightforward, jargon-free way.
To keep up to date on news of the Local Plan Review, please check:
· Teignbridge Local Plan webpage www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview
· Twitter: www.twitter.com/planteignbridge
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/planteignbridge
· Local Press and Media.
If you have any questions, please contact the Local Plan Team on 01626-215768 or email email@example.com.
Please note that comments cannot be treated as confidential, and anonymous or verbal comments cannot be taken into consideration. Comments will be published on our website excluding phone numbers, email addresses and signatures. Comments made will be available to view online at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview later in the Local Plan review process, once they have been reviewed and considered.
Inappropriate comments including those which are racist, sexist, xenophobic, defamatory, prejudiced or otherwise likely to cause offence will be removed and not considered.
All comments must be received during the consultation period. Any responses received after this deadline may not be considered.
If you need this information in another format, or have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01626 215768.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Local Plan Team
Spatial Planning and Delivery